John Dickinson Enterprise Centre – VIEW FLOORPLAN
The building was originally built as a single-story extension to the John Dickinson Stationery Company’s Bookbinding Department in the early years of the last century. In 1919 a further two storeys with stair and lift access were added for use in cabinet making. Subsequently, the building was used for many different purposes including that of a print works, a canteen and the wages office. During the first 6 months of 2003 the Apsley Paper Trail, supported by funding from EEDA (the East of England Development Agency), undertook the renovation and refurbishment of the building as an ‘office for rent’ centre for local start-up and small businesses. The John Dickinson Enterprise Centre (JDEC) formally opened its doors to tenants in August 2003.